BFS Requirements for External Providers
1.BFS will communicate the process, product, or service required, including the identification of relevant technical data (e.g., specifications, drawings, process requirements, work instructions), on quote, purchase order or repair order as applicable issued to the external provider.
2.BFS will communicate the requirements for approval of products and services; methods, processes, and equipment; and the release of products and services, on the quote, purchase order, or repair order as applicable issued to the external provider.
3.Personnel that are part of any process that is part of the contracted service must meet the minimum competency requirements of the technical data for the process, or as stated in the quote, repair order or purchase order.
4.The external provider will be available to interact with BFS, to include, but not limited to, giving status updates; providing required documentation as requested; and updating BFS with changes or issues with the service.
5.BFS controls and monitors the external providers’ performance with periodic reviews. Records are maintained in the external providers file.
6.BFS may perform verification or validation activities at the external providers’ premises, and will inform the external provider of the activities prior to verification or validation.
7. External providers are required to:
- implement a quality management system;
- use customer-designated or approved external providers, including process sources (e.g., special processes) when required;
- notify BFS of nonconforming processes, products, or services and obtain approval for their disposition;
- prevent the use of unapproved parts (see 8.1.5);
- notify BFS of changes to processes, products, or services, including changes of their external providers or location of manufacture, and obtain the organization’s approval;
- flow down to external providers applicable requirements including customer requirements;
- retain documented information, including retention periods and disposition requirements for a minimum of 2 years or longer as required by regulation or law. Deviation is not allowed unless written permission from BFS has been granted in writing.
8.BFS, BFS’s customers (as applicable), and regulatory authorities have the right of access to the applicable areas of facilities and to applicable documented information.
9.External providers must ensure that their personnel are aware of:
- their contribution to product or service conformity;
- their contribution to product safety;
- the importance of ethical behavior; and
- specific authority and customer requirements.
10. BFS will communicate specific authority and customer requirements, as applicable, on the quote, repair order or purchase order issued to the external provider.
11. External providers are required to supply BFS with delivery documentation as agreed upon in the repair order, purchase order or quote.
12. As per the external provider’s internal process, and in reference to appropriate technical and regulatory data, product malfunctions, defects, and unairworthy conditions must be communicated as required. In addition, the external provider must inform BFS of the condition.
Billings Flying Service Inc. MRO (BFS MRO) hereby warrants that all work performed by BFS MRO on the Helicopter or other equipment delivered to Customer will conform to the applicable specifications and manuals for the Helicopter or Component and will be free from any defects in workmanship for a period of three (3) months or fifty (50) flight hours from Delivery of the Helicopter or Component, whichever occurs first. In addition, BFS MRO shall pass on any warranties it receives (if any) for parts SELLER replaces / installs on the Helicopter/Component or other equipment delivered to BUYER.